- 2019-02-17 11:02:00
Geographical facts about AzerbaijanYou will be fascinated with the diverse nature of Azerbaijan
1. Agricultural region: The Kura River Valley in Azerbaijan is its major agricultural zone.
2. Mountains vs plains: Mountains cover 60% area of the country and the remaining is covered by plains and lowlands.
3. Highest point: Bazarduzu () is the highest peak of the country at 4466 meters.
4. Location: Azerbaijan is located at the intersection of the temperate and subtropical climate zones.
5. Also known as: Azerbaijan is also called as “the museum of mineral waters.” Istisu (hot water spring), Sirab, and Badamly are famed mineral waters. The country has more than 1000 unlimited mineral water resources.
6. A land of many rivers: Azerbaijan also has an abundance of small and large rivers accounting to more than 8400 in total. However, only 24 of these rivers are more than 100 kilometers long.
7. Country’s largest port: Baku, with an estimated population of 3 million, is the largest port on the Caspian Sea. Baku is expected to be 5,500 years old.
8. Baku is also interpreted as “windy city” or “city on a hill”.
9. Offshore oil: Baku is also home to the world’s first offshore oil platform – Oil Rocks.